Sunday, August 4, 2013

Video of Sassy 2 hours after she got her shoes off, 2 Aug 2013.


I took a little video of her so everyone can see she is not lame. Also that even after she
 had her shoes off she will willingly move out on the gravel road.



 
This is the link to the above video here.  If it does not work on this page. Sorry no music just me giving directions to my daughter.

I have a plan to check her feet next Friday for a trim. If I feel I can trim her lightly with no ill effects, I will give it a try.  I am very nervous about doing this on my own having only read a book. I have never done any trimming before.  The HGM seems so simple, I hope it works for us.

INFO about Sassy...
I do ride about 3 times a week for more then 2 hours at a time.  Sassy is in a dry lot with 4 other horses. She eats only grass hay from round bales. They get a new one about every 5-7 days.  She gets no other grain or supplements and only a small treat once in a while.

 I think ND horses are more hardy then other places I live.  Horses here are treated more like livestock and less like pets.  There are exceptions of course but Sassy was born out in the ND plains. She is the toughest horse I have ever owned. She grows 3 inch winter hair and will not wear a blanket at all over night.  She tares them off herself, even when it is forty below.

I forgot to mention that I only put shoes on Sassy once a year in the summer. I do a lot of training on our long dirt roads and you can not get much done if your horse is always wincing every ten steps.

2 comments:

  1. Love the video! Great to see Sassy moving without that accepted as normal "transition" ouchiness.

    ReplyDelete